Thursday, April 14, 2005

Friends Photos and Blogs All In One

I have been researching in to Photo Blog for the last 10 days.

I have signed-up with




These few days, I am trying up the posting photo's & write my articles with

A Picture Is Worth More Than Thousand Words


I have experience the search of traffic & making more friends on the Net.

Hence, I suggest that you do the same...




Friends, photos and blogs all in one place
USA TODAY By Edward C. Baig Thursday, April 14, 2005

What do you get when you mix a blog with an online photo album and a social network? Probably something resembling what Microsoft and Yahoo have each recently cooked up.

The new Yahoo 360 service is billed ''as a central place online where consumers can easily share what matters most to them and keep connected to people they know.''

Sounds awfully similar to Microsoft's pitch for its new MSN Spaces: '' . . . allows consumers to create personal Internet Spaces sites where they can express themselves in a variety of ways and interact with the people they care about most.''

The two services have a lot more in common than either of the rivals would like to admit.

Both 360 and Spaces are free. Both let users share pictures and lists of favorite books, songs and movies. Both offer fairly simple tools to create a Web log, or blog.

No surprise: Each company also is designing services to keep people inside its online universe -- Yahoo everything this, MSN everything that.

As someone who has managed to resist the blogging phenomenon to date, I found some aspects of both services appealing. The (for now) invitation-only Yahoo 360 site is still in beta-testing phase. The open-to-all MSN Spaces graduated out of beta April 6.

As the finished product, Spaces is off to a head start. You sign up with a Microsoft .Net Passport account at spaces.msn.com. You can customize Spaces by choosing from more than 60 backgrounds and five layout templates. For Ed's Place, I chose a dusky blue background with a silhouette of what could pass as a medieval village.

Inside Spaces are windows, or ''content modules.'' You can drag modules anywhere on a page.

In one such module, I started my blog, opining on a topic that hangs heavy on my heart: the early-season woes of my beloved New York Mets.

Spaces supports RSS 2.0 (Really Simple Syndication). That means anyone with RSS reader software can ''subscribe'' to your blog and keep up on your latest musings -- if you grant each person permission to do so.

Running in a separate module is a slideshow with pictures I uploaded of my daughter. Visitors to your Spaces can pause pictures, change the speed of the slides or click to view full-screen images. Microsoft gives you 30 megabytes of storage for pictures (about 750 compressed images).

I added custom modules to post lists of my favorite movies and directors. I also created a music list from playlists inside Windows Media Player. Someone who clicks on an artist's name, album or song title in the list is taken to the MSN Music store to sample or buy available tunes.


Friends photos and blogs all in one

No comments: